MA Pay Equity Act – What You Need To Know And Steps You Can Take To Protect Your Organization
Presenters: Tracy Thomas Boland, Esq. and Maura D. McLaughlin, Esq., Morgan, Brown & Joy, LLP
The Massachusetts Pay Equity Act goes into effect on July 1, 2018. It may seem like you have plenty of time to push this to the back of your desk, but actually there is a lot of work you can and should do now in anticipation of that effective date. Join us for this important training in which we will cover the following issues:
- The nuts and bolts of this new law
- Questions employers can and cannot ask in the hiring process as to pay history and verification
- The limited scenarios in which variations in wages are acceptable
- Steps employers can take now to protect an organization once the law takes effect
- The role of Human Resources and managers in communicating about compensation and avoiding retaliation under the law
There is no fee for this program. Please note however that space is limited. We respectfully request that each organization be represented by just one attendee. If the program is not fully subscribed as we get closer to the event date, we will be happy to extend the invitation to other members of your organization.
If you have any questions please contact Gina Fitzgerald at 617.788.5038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.