MBJ Breakfast Seminar: Spring Cleaning - Audit Your Human Resources Practices
Laurence J. Donoghue, Tracy Thomas Boland and Laurie Alexander-Krom of Morgan, Brown & Joy will host a “game show” style breakfast seminar to highlight the many sets of issues that are or should be on the human resources professional’s radar. This seminar will focus on the importance of reviewing and updating existing policies and practices, addressing certain issues that might have been lost in the shuffle to date, and dusting off efforts that have been made but not completed. The game show categories will include:
- Documentation and practices related to hiring and firing;
- Employee handbooks and other policies must haves;
- Performance management forms and practices;
- Leave of absence and accommodation documentation and practices;
- Employment contracts;
- Wage and hour practices including classifications of exempt/non-exempt employees, independent contractors, meal breaks, rate of pay, pay at termination;
- Job descriptions; and
- Anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies and training.
Please note this seminar is limited to 24 participants. There is no fee for this seminar.