Mark Whitney and Rachel Muñoz to Present at Annual Employment Law Update of MetroWest Human Resource Management Association (Framingham, MA)
Mark Whitney and Rachel Muñoz will present a full-day seminar entitled 25th Annual Employment Law Update for HR Professionals. This popular annual event is sponsored by the MetroWest Human Resource Management Association, and is held at the Clark University Graduate Management Center, 333 Turnpike Road (Rt. 9), Southborough, MA. This is Morgan, Brown & Joy's 10th year in a row presenting this seminar.
For directions and registration information, contact the MetroWest HRMA at 508-429-2424 or by email at email@example.com.
Download the mail-in registration form here.
There is a fee for this seminar. Register by 6/1 - $149 ($109 for MWHRMA members); register after 6/1 - $169 ($129 for MWHRMA members) For SHRM members, the fee will include 2010/11 membership to the MWHRMA. The fee also includes lunch by Panera Bread.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Check-in, continental breakfast, and networking with HR professionals
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Morning Session
Employment Law Update: What's New and How Will It Impact Your Organization?
Our traditional review of developments in the law will address noteworthy cases and legislative/regulatory developments from the past year and explore the implications for HR. Highlights of this session include:
- Recent United States Supreme Court cases
- Recent Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decisions
- Key federal and state legislative and regulatory developments
- Pending legislation which may adversely affect HR issues and
- Much more . . . .
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch by Panera Bread of Framingham
1:15p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Afternoon Session
Just ‘cause they are gone doesn’t mean they have disappeared
This session will include:
- an examination of employer strategies for implementing an effective restrictive covenant program;
- review of a proposed bill currently pending before the Massachusetts Legislature which would substantially alter the law governing noncompete agreements;
- review of recent developments in noncompete law and evaluate how they impact your organization; and
- discuss drafting and contract language tips.
The Massachusetts Privacy Law
Where are we now? A review of the requirements and their impact so far
Will there be more changes? A discussion of impending regulations