Greg Manousos and Rachel Muñoz to Present MCLE on Cutting Edge Issues in Employment Law (Boston, MA)
On Wednesday, March 23, 2011, Greg Manousos and Rachel Muñoz will be among the panelists presenting on Employment Discrimination Update & Cutting Edge Theories. This program is presented by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
This advanced program is for experienced employment law practitioners-it explores the hot issues confronting employment lawyers today as new theories of discrimination claims continue to emerge. Evolving and undecided legal issues continue to foster debate among advocates and await decision in the courts. Find out about new approaches the legislature, courts, and agencies have taken in employment discrimination claims. And learn the latest from the experts on how to prepare, litigate, and prevent these claims.
Some of the topics that have generated "buzz" among practitioners include:
- the Supreme Judicial Court's recent decision on the extent to which discrimination cases can be limited to the "scope of the investigation" conducted by the MCAD;
- the effect of the recent amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the proposed regulations issued by the EEOC relating to these amendments;
- recent changes to Massachusetts law regarding permissible inquiries by employers into the criminal record of job applicants;
- a recent million-dollar damage award issued by the MCAD in a disability discrimination claim; and
- the impact of recent amendments to the personnel records law on the litigation of employment discrimination claims.
The program will be held on Wednesday, March 23, 2011, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., at the MCLE Conference Center, Ten Winter Place, Boston, Massachusetts. The program will also be available as a webcast.
For more informtion and to register, please visit the MCLE's website.